SubjectRe: [RFC 0/3] Adding support for NI Ettus Research USRP E3XX pinconf
From
On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM, Moritz Fischer
<moritz.fischer@ettus.com> wrote:

> I'm planning to use this pinctrl driver to set pins to either
> input (do nothing, default), or output with a value of (1 or 0).
>
> Can I use the 'output-low', 'output-high' bindings to achieve this,
> or am I supposed to implement a gpio controller to do this kind of stuff?

I'm pretty sure you should implement a GPIO chip for this.
output-low and output-high are for things like lines going to
a RAM memory that need to be set up as part of a pin control
state.

> I'm not sure if I'm using the pinctrl framework correctly to achieve this,
> any suggestions on how to change a pin from output to input, as the bindings
> documentation explicitly states 'input-enable' does *not* affect output.

Look at pin controllers also implementing GPIO chips.

Yours,
Linus Walleij

  Last update: 2015-11-17 12:01    [W:0.658 / U:0.580 seconds]