SubjectRe: ver_linux: proposed implementation feedback request
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:25 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 08:00:40PM +0300, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
>> Thanks very much for everyone's feedback.
>>
>> Instead of flooding this mailing list with another bunch of ver_linux
>> patches, I thought I would post another implementation, and see if you
>> find any of the proposed changes worth submitting as a patch. I will
>> be happy with whatever feedback you can give me. And we will leave it
>> at that. Thanks.
>
> Can you also explain what the changes are that you're making? That
> might be very helpful.
>
> I'm also curious if someone suggested that you break apart the patch
> into a separate one for each program? In my opinion that actually
> made it harder to review the patch set (especially when I was cc'ed on
> the one for tune2fs, but not the patch that set $tune2fs :-).
>
> My suggestion would be to break it apart by functional changes. If
> the main change is to support different version numbers emitted by a
> wide range of version numbers, just say something like: fixed the
> version number detection of the FOO, BAR, and BAZ packages.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ted

Thanks. It has been suggested to me before to break the patch apart
into individual patches, as you suggested as well.

I'm looking into the process of making and submitting patches using
git at the moment. Not something I've done before. So please bear with
me. I should be able to get back to the list with git-generated
patches some time soon.

Thanks.

  Last update: 2015-10-07 20:21    [W:0.310 / U:0.012 seconds]