SubjectRe: ver_linux: proposed implementation feedback request
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 08:00:40PM +0300, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
> Thanks very much for everyone's feedback.
>
> Instead of flooding this mailing list with another bunch of ver_linux
> patches, I thought I would post another implementation, and see if you
> find any of the proposed changes worth submitting as a patch. I will
> be happy with whatever feedback you can give me. And we will leave it
> at that. Thanks.

Can you also explain what the changes are that you're making? That
might be very helpful.

I'm also curious if someone suggested that you break apart the patch
into a separate one for each program? In my opinion that actually
made it harder to review the patch set (especially when I was cc'ed on
the one for tune2fs, but not the patch that set $tune2fs :-).

My suggestion would be to break it apart by functional changes. If
the main change is to support different version numbers emitted by a
wide range of version numbers, just say something like: fixed the
version number detection of the FOO, BAR, and BAZ packages.

Cheers,

- Ted

  Last update: 2015-10-07 03:41    [W:0.091 / U:0.508 seconds]