SubjectRe: [RFC 4/5] clk: iproc: define Broadcom NS2 iProc clock binding

On 10/14/2015 8:44 AM, Jon Mason wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 03:24:52PM -0700, Ray Jui wrote:
>> Same as this patch. I thought device tree binding document should go
>> with the clock driver changes.
>>
>> Strictly speaking, device tree binding document should always go before
>> the driver changes. In the binding document the DT interface is defined,
>> then changes are implemented in the driver.
>
> I split them off this way due to the clk maintainer not wanting to
> pull in any device tree changes. Since the documentation is for the
> device tree enties, it makes logical sense to me that they be in the
> same device tree series. If Stephen will pull these in with the clk
> changes, I am more than happy to have it done by him :)
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Yeah the clock maintainers do not pull in device tree changes like
*.dtsi and *.dts. But they do take changes including the binding
documents and clock driver changes. You can confirm with Stephen.

Thanks,

Ray

  Last update: 2015-10-14 19:01    [W:0.096 / U:0.408 seconds]