SubjectRe: Preemptionirqsoff latency issue
On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 20:19:51 +0530
Vaibhav Shinde <v.bhav.shinde@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for you reply.
>
> I am interested in scheduling latency, and using ftrace I see for my
> application suffering from it, that's why I am digging in preemption/irq
> disable time which might cause the latency.
>
> My app runs on cpu0, while other cpus looks idle; as per my understanding
> from your comment owner of the mutex is on the cpu other than cpu0, and
> which is causing wait spin on cpu0.
> Can this be the reason why latency is caused ?
> If so, then I think I need to take care of the mutex lock which is called
> from my code.

If you download and install the latest trace-cmd, you may be able to
get more information with its new command "profile".

# trace-cmd profile -o file workload

Then look at the output in file.

To limit the running to tracing only the workload:

# trace-cmd profile -o file -F -c workload

You'll need to use the latest that's in my repo. Use the master branch,
as it has all the above features.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git

-- Steve

  Last update: 2015-01-09 17:41    [W:0.061 / U:0.088 seconds]