SubjectRe: DRAM unreliable under specific access patern
On Mon 2015-01-05 19:23:29, One Thousand Gnomes wrote:
> > In the meantime, I created test that actually uses physical memory,
> > 8MB apart, as described in some footnote. It is attached. It should
> > work, but it needs boot with specific config options and specific
> > kernel parameters.
>
> Why not just use hugepages. You know the alignment guarantees for 1GB
> pages and that means you don't even need to be root
>
> In fact - should we be disabling 1GB huge page support by default at this
> point, at least on non ECC boxes ?

Actually, I could not get my test code to run; and as code from

https://github.com/mseaborn/rowhammer-test

reproduces issue for me, I stopped trying. I could not get it to
damage memory of other process than itself (but that should be
possible), I guess that's next thing to try.

Pavel

  Last update: 2015-01-07 01:01    [W:0.108 / U:0.872 seconds]