SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] PCI fixes for v3.19
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Yinghai Lu <yinghai@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Tony Luck <tony.luck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Yinghai Lu <yinghai@kernel.org> wrote:
>>> Can you please get boot bog with "debug ignore_logleve"?
>>>
>>> we should get print out from
>>>
>>> + dev_printk(KERN_DEBUG, &dev->dev, "%pR clipped to %pR\n",
>>> + &orig_res, res);
>>
>> Attached ... but I don't see any "clipped" messages
>
> Good. so the system should just work as before but have annoying warnings.
>
> Do we need to put the paper back to hide the warning?

Ping, I'm not sure this is resolved.

Tony, does the system work as it did before? Is the only problem that
now we have more warnings than we did before?

Yinghai, I sort of feel like I'm being left to sweep up behind your
changes here. I *could* analyze this and figure out what's going on
and fix it, but I don't have time to do that for everybody, and I
consider that more your job.

If we start with the same _CRS config and same device config, ideally
PCI enumeration would produce the same messages, same warnings, and
same resource assignments no matter what arch we feed them to, because
enumeration is not really arch-specific. So if ia64 does something
different here, I think something needs to be fixed.

Bjorn

  Last update: 2015-01-30 18:01    [W:0.188 / U:0.288 seconds]