Subject[RFC 00/10] Create separate header for ehci-dbgp driver
Date
The FUSBH200 and FOTG210 are not EHCI-compatible and require standalone
drivers. See discussion at:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/84169

But these controllers do implement an EHCI-compatible debug port and
therefore leverage the ehci-dbgp driver. Rather than pulling in the
necessary declarations from <linux/usb/ehci_def.h>, each driver copies
this code into their own header. The goal of this series is to pull the
ehci-dbgp related code into its own header to remove the need for this
redundancy.

I have done only minimal testing on this, and I don't use either of
these controller so my ability to test the changes is limited. But I
thought I'd push it out for comment to see if there was interest.

The only actual change should be when CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_DBGP is
disabled and CONFIG_XEN_DOM0 is enabled. Currently each of these does
not notify Xen of reset events under this configuration. Since these
events are propagated when CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_DBGP and CONFIG_XEN_DOM0
are both enabled, though, it seems that is not a problem (and maybe not
sending them in the former case is a bug?) Regardless, the motivation
for this change is for consistancy as a step towrads consolidation. As
I said above, I am not able to actually test these changes on either
controller.

First time submission, so I look forward to any feedback. If this is of
any interest I will work on testing the various configations and boot
parameters.

Regards,

Chris Rorvick

Chris Rorvick (10):
usb: Create separate header for ehci-dbgp
fusbh200: Make Xen notificaiton consistent with EHCI
fusbh200: Remove superfluous macro definitions
fusbh200: Remove duplicate ehci-dbgp declarations
fusbh200: Use ehci_dbg_port struct
fotg210: Make Xen notificaiton consistent with EHCI
fotg210: Remove superfluous macro definitions
fotg210: Remove duplicate ehci-dbgp declarations
fotg210: Use ehci_dbg_port struct
usb: Remove __init from early_dbgp_init() prototype

drivers/usb/host/fotg210.h | 62 ++------------------------------
drivers/usb/host/fusbh200.h | 62 ++------------------------------
include/linux/usb/ehci_def.h | 65 ++-------------------------------
create mode 100644 include/linux/usb/ehci-dbgp.h

--
1.9.3

  Last update: 2014-09-09 20:41    [W:0.068 / U:0.416 seconds]