SubjectRe: [RFC] arm: Handle starting up in secure mode
On 09/16/2014 05:09 PM, Christopher Covington wrote:
> ARM Linux currently has the most features available to it in hypervisor
> (HYP) mode, so switch to it when possible. This can also ensure proper
> reset of newer registers such as CNTVOFF.
>
> The permissions on the Non-Secure Access Control Register (NSACR) are
> used to probe what the security setting currently is when in supervisor
> (SVC) mode.

Sorry, this doesn't work yet. I was misinterpreting my test results. For what
it's worth, my testing and development methodology is to run it after hacked
up versions of the semihosting bootwrapper on the simulator that corresponds
to rtsm_ve-aemv8a.dtb (AEM VE FVP these days?) and examine the instruction traces.

Christopher

hosted by the Linux Foundation.

  Last update: 2014-09-17 00:01    [W:0.099 / U:0.144 seconds]