SubjectRe: [RFC 0/4] i2c: slave support framework for Linux devices
Date
Hello Wolfram,

Am Dienstag, 9. September 2014, 16:54:26 schrieb Wolfram Sang:
> Finally, here is my take on the often desired feature that Linux can not
> only be an I2C master, but also an I2C slave. Compared to my draft sent out
> last week, this RFC has been tested on hardware (Renesas Lager board) and
> works \o/

first, thanks for taking up this job.

> One big part still missing is documentation, so brave ones need to "use the
> source". However, this approach turned out to be even less intrusive than
> expected, so that is hopefully a good sign.
>
> Basically, an I2C slave is a standard I2C client providing a callback
> function. When registering as a slave, the connection to the I2C adapter is
> made which uses the callback when a slave event happens. That splits the HW
> support (enabling slave mode on the adapter) and SW support (here a generic
> eeprom simulator) nicely IMO.

From what I can tell, this approach may also work with our driver
(staging/nvec). I especially like the split between the adapter and the client
support.

I only have one question so far regarding the device tree representation
attached patch 4.

Marc

  Last update: 2014-09-11 14:41    [W:1.715 / U:0.012 seconds]