SubjectRe: Request to include Mailbox tree in linux-next
Hi Jassi,

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 20:40:47 +0530 Jassi Brar <jaswinder.singh@linaro.org> wrote:

> On 8 August 2014 20:11, Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> >> Upon Mark's suggestion (and the right thing to do) I wanted the patchset
> >> to live the cycle in linux-next.
> >
> > Yes, that's the right thing to do, but you sent the request at an
> > inappropriate time. The correct time to send your request would be
> > after 3.17-rc1 has been released, IOW after the current merge window
> > is over.
> >
> > In general, kernel developers don't "remember" requests from one week
> > to the next; instead, we much prefer people send their requests at the
> > appropriate times in the development cycle.
> >
> OK, thanks for explaining.

As Russell has said, if you remind me after -rc1 is out, I will add
your tree then. I will try to remember, but don't depend on it.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2014-08-08 18:01    [W:0.056 / U:0.016 seconds]