SubjectRe: OT: Open letter to the Linux World
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:07:05PM +0100, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> writes:
>
> > Nice rant, I sympathize with you (just complaining about this on G+).
>
> Made my day.
>
> > I'm just waiting for Linus to get pissed enough to write his own init
> > routine. Maybe he'll call it "Boot Init Through Computer Hardware".
>
> The trouble is that most of the heavy-weight kernel developers don't
> seem to care at all about what goes on in userspace.

Well, I know for a fact that quite a number do; but so far most people
who care have been able to steer clear of this trainwreck so we did.

I'm about to switch all my machines to Gentoo (from Debian) because that
will indeed allow you to build a distro without much of this nonsense
in -- because as has been eloquently said; you simply don't need this
fucking shite to run a 'normal' machine.

And the thing is; we're all very busy so we tend to take the 'easy' way
out for things like this; but wholesale switching all my machines is
indeed painful, and I'm not liking.

  Last update: 2014-08-13 10:41    [W:0.174 / U:0.556 seconds]