SubjectRe: Selling Points for MARS Light
From
On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Schöbel-Theuer
<thomas@schoebel-theuer.de> wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> since not all people have attended my presentations on MARS Light, and
> since probably not all are willing to click at links such as to the
> presentation slides
> https://github.com/schoebel/mars/blob/master/docu/MARS_LinuxTag2014.pdf?raw=true
> , I will try to explain something which goes beyond the presentations,
> but nevertheless I don't want to repeat too much from the slides.
>
> So the following is hopefully also interesting for people who attended
> the presentations.
>
> My main selling point:
>
> To my knowledge, MARS Light is the only enterprise-grade opensource
> solution constructed for mass replication of whole datacenters
> (thousands to tenthousands of instances) over _long_ _distances_, aka
> _geo-redundancy_.

I think hch meant not a high level marketing-drone -ready design document
by "explain and sell your design".
We are interested in the real low level design ideas.
i.e. Why do you need all syscalls exported?

Thanks,
//richard