SubjectRe: Work Queue for btrfs compression writes
On 07/30/2014 10:13 AM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 10:38:21AM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
>> qemu/kvm is good for this, because it has a mode
>> that bypasses the BIOS and bootloader emulation, and just directly
>> runs a kernel from a file on the host machine. This is fast. You can
>> pass large sparse files to the VM to act as scratch disks, plus keep
>> another smaller file for the guest OS (and a copy of it so that you
>> can throw one away and make another one quickly and easily).
>
> Nick,
>
> The xfstests-bld/kvm-xfstests git tree I pointed out to you has an
> example of a test infrastructure which does this for ext4. It's been
> on my todo list to support other file systems, and I have some plans
> for how to do thi, but it's been low on my priority list. If someone
> in the btrfs development community is interested in working with me on
> this, they should contact me.

Ted,

Where is that git tree? I've been planning to set up a unit test and
regression suite for tty/serial, and wouldn't mind cribbing the
infrastructure from someone's existing work.

Regards,
Peter Hurley

  Last update: 2014-07-30 17:41    [W:3.548 / U:0.188 seconds]