SubjectRe: ipv4: net namespace does not inherit network configurations
From
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM, zhuyj <zyjzyj2000@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> I did a test on kernel3.16 rc6:
>
> root@qemu1:~# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding
> root@qemu1:~# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forwarding
> root@qemu1:~# ip netns list
> root@qemu1:~# ip netns add fib1
> root@qemu1:~# ip netns exec fib1 bash
> root@qemu1:~# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding
> 0
> root@qemu1:~# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forwarding
> 1
>
> The behavior of ipv4 and ipv6 is very inconsistent. I checked
> the kernel source code. I found that from this patch
> [ipv6: fix bad free of addrconf_init_net], the above difference
> appeared.
>
> Since a net namespace is independent to another. That is, there
> is no any relationship between the net namespaces. So the behavior
> of ipv4 is not correct.

Well, they are already independent, not shared, just that the initial
value is duplicated from init_net for IPv4.

This change might break existing applications which rely on this
behavior, but given IPv6 change is almost the same, I think it's ok.

BTW, you need to submit a patch as normal, instead of as an attachment.

  Last update: 2014-07-30 01:01    [W:0.055 / U:31.572 seconds]