SubjectRe: Sparc: Fix Mes in highmem.c
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 01:06:41PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> >> If you want I can fix the sparc32 highmem area with your help. I am new
> >> to the kernel so a little help if needed would be great when doing this work
> >> for you:).
> >
> > It will take a bit more than a "little help" to do such a task. Among other
> > things, owning a sparc32 box is one of them. Do you happen to have one?
> > Or do you have access to one?
> >
> > -- Steve
> >

> I understand that I don't have a sparc32 box , however if someone can
> test my fixes for me this
> may work.
No it will not work.
This is as many other areas something that require some knowledge plus
some trial-and-error to do.

You should understand that things takes time to learn before you can go hacking
around in stuff. And highmem support in sparc32 is one such area.
Time are in some areas counted in months and in other areas counted in years.
This is not some simple userspace program - please try to understand this.

Sam

  Last update: 2014-07-18 21:01    [W:0.643 / U:0.020 seconds]