SubjectRe: patch "firmware loader: allow disabling of udev as firmware loader" added to driver-core tree
On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 08:10:01PM +0530, B_B_Singh@DELL.com wrote:
> Resending the mail..
>
> Hi All,
>
> As I communicated earlier the test never passed with older BIOS DUPs.

That test? What patch? Please be explicit, I deal with thousands of
patches and have no short term memory...

> Again today I have tested with 3.15.5 kernel with below patch applied,
> & I don't see the BIOS getting updated. The BIOS update always failed
> with below patch.
>
> I'm not sure why the patch is getting committed even upon failure.

Because in that long and winding email thread I thought you said this
patch _worked_. Obviously I was wrong, sorry, please suggest an
alternative.

greg k-h