SubjectRe: HID: hid-sensor-hub: fix sleeping function called from invalid context
On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Alexander Holler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> while rebasing the dozens (currently around 60) of refused, ignored or
> similiar bugfixes and patches I need to use a Linux kernel, I've noticed that
> Jiri Kosinas patch here
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/8/9/214
>
> doesn't apply anymore.
>
> Looking why, I've seen that a similiar patch from Srinivas Pandruvada named
> like the topic ended up in the kernel.

Hi Alexander,

thanks for drawing this one from the boulevard of forgotten patches.

I am actually not aware of any patch by Srinivas that would conflict with
the one I've written -- could you please elaborate where you believe the
conflict is?

> Looking at the differences, I wonder if not all spin_lock() calls in
> hid-sensor-hub.c should be changed into spin_lock_irqsave() like the
> patch from Jiri Kosina did.

Could you please give me your Tested-by:? I'll then be happily queuing the
fix. Thanks.

> (sorry for the duplicate message, I've forgotten to add the
> wanna-be-reviewer-school named lkml to the recipients)

You want to make it to LWN quotes of the week, don't you? :)

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2014-06-10 01:01    [W:0.061 / U:0.188 seconds]