    SubjectLinux 3.15 .. and continuation of merge window
    From
    So I ended up doing an rc8 because I was a bit worried about some
    last-minute dcache fixes, but it turns out that nobody seemed to even
    notice those. We did have other issues during the week, though, so it
    was just as well. The futex fixes and cleanups may stand out, but as
    usual there's various other random fixes since rc8 in there too:
    mainly drivers (drm, networking, sound, usb etc), networking,
    scheduling and perf tooling.

    But it's all been fairly small and quiet, which *may* of course be due
    to the fact that last week was also the first week of the merge window
    for 3.16. That might have distracted some developers. I'm not entirely
    convinced I liked the overlap, but it seemed to work ok, and unless
    people scream really loudly ("Please don't _ever_ do that again") and
    give good reasons for doing so, I might end up doing that overlapping
    merge window in the future too if it ends up helping out with some
    particular timing issue.

    That said, I also don't think it was such a wonderful experience that
    I'd want to necessarily do the overlap every time, without a good
    specific reason for doing so. It was kind of nice being productive
    during the last week or rc (which is usually quite boring and dead),
    but I think it might be a distraction when people should be worrying
    about the stability of the rc.

    Of course, maybe the overlap ends up meaning that we get less noise
    during the last week of stabilization, and it actually helps. It could
    go either way. I'd be interested to hear what people thought, although
    I _suspect_ most people don't feel strongly either way.

    Anyway, with 3.15 released, my "master" branch has already merged the
    work in my "next" branch on my local machine, and I'll be
    decommissioning the "next" branch once I push that all out. After
    that, any future merge window work will happen on "master", and we'll
    be back to the normal single-branch model for my tree.

    Linus

    ---

    Alan Stern (1):
    USB: Avoid runtime suspend loops for HCDs that can't handle suspend/resume

    Aleksander Morgado (3):
    net: qmi_wwan: add Netgear AirCard 341U
    net: qmi_wwan: add additional Sierra Wireless QMI devices
    net: qmi_wwan: interface #11 in Sierra Wireless MC73xx is not QMI

    Alex Deucher (1):
    drm/radeon/dpm: resume fixes for some systems

    Alexej Starschenko (1):
    USB: serial: option: add support for Novatel E371 PCIe card

    Andrey Ryabinin (1):
    mm: rmap: fix use-after-free in __put_anon_vma

    Andy Lutomirski (1):
    x86, vdso: Fix an OOPS accessing the HPET mapping w/o an HPET

    Bart De Schuymer (1):
    ebtables: Update MAINTAINERS entry.

    Ben Hutchings (2):
    Staging: speakup: Move pasting into a work item
    Staging: speakup: Update __speakup_paste_selection() tty
    (ab)usage to match vt

    Bjørn Mork (1):
    usb: cdc-wdm: export cdc-wdm uapi header

    Christian König (3):
    drm/radeon: fix vm buffer size estimation
    drm/radeon: sync page table updates
    drm/radeon: use the CP DMA on CIK

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    qlcnic: info leak in qlcnic_dcb_peer_app_info()

    Dave Young (2):
    x86/efi: earlyprintk=efi,keep fix
    x86/efi: Do not export efi runtime map in case old map

    Dirk Brandewie (3):
    intel_pstate: Remove C0 tracking
    intel_pstate: Correct rounding in busy calculation
    intel_pstate: add sample time scaling

    Doug Smythies (1):
    intel_pstate: Improve initial busy calculation

    Emmanuel Grumbach (1):
    iwlwifi: mvm: disable beacon filtering

    Eric Dumazet (1):
    net: fix inet_getid() and ipv6_select_ident() bugs

    Eric W. Biederman (1):
    netlink: Only check file credentials for implicit destinations

    Filipe Manana (1):
    Btrfs: send, fix corrupted path strings for long paths

    George McCollister (1):
    USB: ftdi_sio: add NovaTech OrionLXm product ID

    Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
    USB: cdc-wdm: properly include types.h

    Ian Abbott (1):
    staging: comedi: ni_daq_700: add mux settling delay

    Igor Mammedov (3):
    x86: Fix list/memory corruption on CPU hotplug
    x86/smpboot: Log error on secondary CPU wakeup failure at ERR level
    x86/smpboot: Initialize secondary CPU only if master CPU will wait for it

    Ivan Mikhaylov (2):
    emac: add missing support of 10mbit in emac/rgmii
    emac: aggregation of v1-2 PLB errors for IER register

    Jack Morgenstein (1):
    net/mlx4_core: Reset RoCE VF gids when guest driver goes down

    Jean Delvare (1):
    net: ec_bhf: Add runtime dependencies

    Jianyu Zhan (1):
    kernfs: move the last knowledge of sysfs out from kernfs

    Jiri Pirko (1):
    team: fix mtu setting

    Johan Hovold (1):
    USB: io_ti: fix firmware download on big-endian machines (part 2)

    Jon Maxwell (1):
    bridge: notify user space after fdb update

    Kirill Tkhai (1):
    sched/dl: Fix race in dl_task_timer()

    Kristian Evensen (1):
    ipheth: Add support for iPad 2 and iPad 3

    Leon Yu (1):
    net: filter: fix possible memory leak in __sk_prepare_filter()

    Linus Torvalds (2):
    Revert "x86/smpboot: Initialize secondary CPU only if master CPU
    will wait for it"
    Linux 3.15

    Marek Lindner (1):
    batman-adv: fix NULL pointer dereferences

    Martin K. Petersen (1):
    libata: Blacklist queued trim for Crucial M500

    Masami Hiramatsu (2):
    perf probe: Fix a segfault if asked for variable it doesn't find
    perf probe: Fix perf probe to find correct variable DIE

    Mathias Nyman (2):
    usb: pci-quirks: Prevent Sony VAIO t-series from switching usb ports
    xhci: delete endpoints from bandwidth list before freeing whole device

    Matt Fleming (1):
    x86/boot: EFI_MIXED should not prohibit loading above 4G

    Michal Schmidt (1):
    netlink: rate-limit leftover bytes warning and print process name

    Naoya Horiguchi (1):
    mm: add !pte_present() check on existing hugetlb_entry callbacks

    NeilBrown (2):
    md: always set MD_RECOVERY_INTR when aborting a reshape or other "resync".
    md: always set MD_RECOVERY_INTR when interrupting a reshape thread.

    Nicholas Bellinger (4):
    iser-target: Add missing target_put_sess_cmd for ImmedateData failure
    iser-target: Fix multi network portal shutdown regression
    target: Allow READ_CAPACITY opcode in ALUA Standby access state
    target: Fix alua_access_state attribute OOPs for un-configured devices

    Nikolay Aleksandrov (1):
    net: fix wrong mac_len calculation for vlans

    Oliver Hartkopp (1):
    can: only rename enabled led triggers when changing the netdev name

    Peter Christensen (1):
    ipvs: Fix panic due to non-linear skb

    Richard Weinberger (1):
    sched: Fix sched_policy < 0 comparison

    Roland Dreier (1):
    iscsi-target: Fix wrong buffer / buffer overrun in
    iscsi_change_param_value()

    Roman Gushchin (1):
    sched/fair: Fix tg_set_cfs_bandwidth() deadlock on rq->lock

    Ronan Marquet (1):
    ALSA: hda/realtek - Correction of fixup codes for PB V7900 laptop

    Rusty Russell (1):
    speakup: fix incorrect perms on speakup_acntsa.c

    Samuel Ortiz (1):
    Bluetooth: Fix L2CAP LE debugfs entries permissions

    Sean MacLennan (1):
    staging: r8192e_pci: fix htons error

    Sebastian Ott (1):
    percpu-refcount: fix usage of this_cpu_ops

    Sergei Antonov (1):
    drm/crtc-helper: skip locking checks in panicking path

    Steven Rostedt (1):
    sched/numa: Fix use of spin_{un}lock_irq() when interrupts are disabled

    Takashi Iwai (2):
    ALSA: hda/analog - Fix silent output on ASUS A8JN
    ALSA: hda/realtek - Fix COEF widget NID for ALC260 replacer fixup

    Thomas Gleixner (4):
    futex-prevent-requeue-pi-on-same-futex.patch futex: Forbid uaddr
    == uaddr2 in futex_requeue(..., requeue_pi=1)
    futex: Validate atomic acquisition in futex_lock_pi_atomic()
    futex: Always cleanup owner tid in unlock_pi
    futex: Make lookup_pi_state more robust

    Toshiaki Makita (1):
    bridge: Prevent insertion of FDB entry with disallowed vlan

    Yinghai Lu (1):
    x86: irq: Get correct available vectors for cpu disable

    Yuchung Cheng (1):
    tcp: fix cwnd undo on DSACK in F-RTO