SubjectRE: Oops: 17 SMP ARM (v3.16-rc2)
Date
Thank you for your reply,

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1405.1/01114.html

> I have had two iMX6 platforms running root-NFS for about the last six to nine
> months with various workloads, and have never seen this oops.
> Unfortunately, the description above gives very little information for what
> the mechanism to trigger this bug may be. For example, if I wanted to
> reproduce it, what would I need to do?

We have managed to trigger the Oops by just transferring a large file over nfs
cat /mnt/foo > /dev/null
where foo is a file that is approximately 2 GB. There may be some packet losses
on this network, perhaps this differs from your workload?

> > The error is sporadic and it seems to occur more frequently when using
> perf.
>
> So it occurs when not using perf?

Yes, certainly, see above.

We have done some more investigations, please find it in this mail:

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1406.3/02190.html

The Oops seems to have been introduced somewhere between v3.12 and v3.13:

- The Oops is reproducible within seconds when running Linux 3.16-rc2.
- We have observed the Oops on 8 different hardware units and two different chipsets (Freescale i.MX6 and Xilinx Zynq).
- The Oops has not been seen on Linux 3.12 so it appears to be good.
- The Oops has been seen on Linux 3.13, 3.14, 3.15, 3.16-rc2 so these appear to be bad.

Configs and a couple of Oops reports are attached to the linked mail.

Best regards,
Mattis Lorentzon
Consider the environment before printing this message.

To read Autoliv's Information and Confidentiality Notice, follow this link:
http://www.autoliv.com/disclaimer.html

  Last update: 2014-06-26 17:21    [W:0.326 / U:0.060 seconds]