SubjectRe: Status of Power Supply Subsystem
On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 08:59:35PM +0400, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> Hello, colleagues,

Hi, welcome back :)

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2014-06-14 at 17:36 +0200, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> >>
> >> I waited a bit to see if maybe Dmitry or David want to give feedback.
> >> But I haven't received anything, so I volunteer to take this subsystem
> >> over.
>
> I'm sorry, I had too much trouble on my work to be able to think about
> community projects. My work load is now getting back to normal,
> so I will probably have more time.

No problem. It would be nice if you appoint somebody to be a
temporary maintainer for your subsystems next time.

> > I've never really done much with the subsystem except getting Dmitry set
> > up to maintain it. I certainly have no objection if you want to take it
> > over and Dmitry isn't objecting.
>
> I'd welcome any help, team or co-maintenance of any kind. What do you
> think about patchwork?
>
> BTW, David, I remember several people (including myself) asking for
> a separate power-related ML to be set up on the infradead.org. Could you
> please set it up? I think it might help all of us.

I think having a power-supply mailinglist and patchwork would be
really helpful.

> > If you like, you can send me a SSH public key and I'll give you access
> > to the existing git tree on git.infradead.org to take it over.
> >
> > You can work in coordination with Dmitry if he comes back to life, that
> > way.
>
> I'm doing a scan over my patches inbox during next few days (yes, huge
> task after so long time). I'll just base it on your kernel. After -rc1 we
> can think about something sane.

My patch [0] was the only fix suitable for -rc2+ from all power
supply related mails I could find on LKML. I have sent a pull
request for that one to Rafael.

You have a couple of weeks more time to catch up if you are fine
with him pulling the patch.

[0] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-power-supply.git/commit/?h=next

-- Sebastian

  Last update: 2014-06-14 20:01    [W:0.075 / U:0.728 seconds]