SubjectRe: Bad DMA from Marvell 9230
On Fri, 30 May 2014 09:13:43 -0500
Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a 9230...
> [...]
> Supplier support "claimed" it to be a Linux AHCI bug as the "claim"
> that their board correctly supports AHCI, even though all other AHCI
> boards work right in this exact same use case in the exact same
> machine.

Does somebody know about another supplier that provides equivalent
SATA adapters that behave well, are robust and support FIS switching,
and don't come with proprietary drivers/utilities but rather *support*
their linux driver?

I'd bite the bullet and get a better, more expensive device, but it
doesn't seem to come with appropriate software support either.

There are some RAID adapters that don't expose the disks if we're
not creating RAID volumes... with an ugly CLI, and where we don't know
what's written where on the disk in case we are to create one volume
per disk, and do software RAID later.
Not tempted to use that.

Or waste PCIe slots and use more el-cheapo ASMedia 1061 PCIe-1x
devices... do these work well?

--
Jérôme