SubjectRe: time to move fs/bio.c to block/ ?
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:
> I recently saw patches to fs/bio.c that were sent to Al instead of Jens.
> I think having bio.c in fs/ is rather confusing, so maybe it's time to
> include the simple git-mv for it in the your for-next tree?

Hi, Christoph, Jens,

BTW, just out of curiosity, the VFS infrastructure code is just scatterd
around the fs directory, which is quite suprised to a new comer that why
there is "no" vfs stuff in fs directory. Does it make sense to also collect
them into a dedicated sub-dir, maybe vfs. IMHO, this could make code
skeleton more clear and could avoid such mis-sending patches in a long
term maintainability view.

Thanks,
Jianyu Zhan

  Last update: 2014-05-19 17:21    [W:1.697 / U:0.172 seconds]