SubjectRe: futex(2) man page update help request
Hi!
> > Have a look at this commit that tries to deal with passing 64 bit
> > numbers to syscalls. On 32 bit ABI (but not on X32) these needs to be
> > split up (accordingly to machine endianity).
> >
> > https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/04afb02b4280a20c262054e8f99a3fad4ad54916
> >

> That is wrong, too. That assumes that there will never be padding
> words, which isn't true in the general case, either.

Well, it's still far better than the mess we had previously and it works
in most of the cases. However I would love to fix these correctly once
for all.

> I really believe the proper fix is to use assembly syscall stubs. In
> klibc I build a fairly elaborate machinery to autogenerate such syscall
> stubs for a variety of architectures.

Then it would be nice to share these between klibc and LTP (and possible
everybody else).

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

  Last update: 2014-05-15 20:21    [W:0.194 / U:1.488 seconds]