SubjectRe: [patch 0/3] futex/rtmutex: Fix issues exposed by trinity
On Tue, 13 May 2014 00:37:21 +0200 (CEST)
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 May 2014, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > I did admit I made a mistake. If you read the rest of my email that you
> > cut off, I said "Sure, I should have pushed Lai for that at the time.
> > Lessons learned. I was expecting he would do so after we got to a final
> > version of the patch but I was also working on other things at the time
> > and forgot to remind him."
> >
> > I even stated that I'm doing better now. That means I have learned from
> > my mistakes. And continue to do so.
>
> Sure, with your latest multi reader patches you break even the compile
> with CONFIG_DEBUG_RT_MUTEXES=y due to:
>
> + debug_rt_mutex_print_deadlock(waiter);
>
> I'm really impressed by your improvements.

Really Thomas? You are judging my work flow with a patch that I posted
as RFC hoping to get benchmarks from, which I've only received a few
for, and I'm hoping to get more.

I've never posted that patch for inclusion, because it does need more
testing and even needs more cleaning up. I only posted it hoping to get
numbers to know if it is worth pursuing or not.

I even tell Clark not to use it as it is not ready for prime time yet.

And because you have never even acknowledged that patch until now,
I've pretty much considered it dead.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2014-05-13 01:41    [W:0.307 / U:0.212 seconds]