SubjectModules.Symvers - What is (not) and how to use it?
From
Hello guys

I work on 3 modules, let's say:
KServervices, mod1, mod2

KServices exports functions consumed by mod1 and mod2.

Accidentally I was deleting Modules.Symvers after compiling KServices
and mod1 and mod2 failed to load because thery where looking for the
functions in a different offset than the one shown in /proc/kallsyms

QUESTION:
What is and how do I use that file?

I was hopping to find some good documentation in tldp.org, but
nothing, I only find forums that mention it, but nothing that can help
me understand it and probably find a way to stop requiring it.

Regards
Farfan

--
Do not let me induce you to satisfy my curiosity, from an expectation,
that I shall gratify yours. What I may judge proper to conceal, does

  Last update: 2014-04-08 19:21    [W:0.032 / U:4.444 seconds]