SubjectRe: [BUG] kernel BUG at mm/vmacache.c:85!
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > That said, the bug does seem to be that some path doesn't invalidate
> > the vmacache sufficiently, or something inserts a vmacache entry into
> > the current process when looking up a remote process or whatever.
> > Davidlohr, ideas?
>
> Maybe we missed some use_mm() call. That will change the current mm
> without flushing the vma cache. The code considers kernel threads to
> be bad targets for vma caching for this reason (and perhaps others),
> but maybe we missed something.
>
> I wonder if we should just invalidate the vma cache in use_mm(), and
> remote the "kernel tasks are special" check.
>
> Srivatsa, are you doing something peculiar on that system that would
> trigger this? I see some kdump failures in the log, anything else?

I doubt that the vmacache has anything to do with the real problem
(though it *might* suggest that vmacache is less robust than what
it replaced - maybe). The log is so full of userspace SIGSEGVs
and General Protection faults, it looks like userspace was utterly
broken by some kernel bug messing up the address space.

Hugh

  Last update: 2014-04-29 00:21    [W:0.185 / U:1.524 seconds]