SubjectRe: Missing USB XHCI and EHCI reset for kexec
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Stefani Seibold wrote:

> > > usbcore: registered new interface driver USB-SATA-storage
> > > USB SATA Mass Storage support registered.
> > > usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-pci
> > > xxxx: ports detected
> >
> > What driver is this? I've never heard of USB-SATA-storage.
> >

> This is a special embedded USB SATA driver written by me. It is mostly a
> fork of the usb-storage driver but handle only one vendor and product ID
> and does switch on a port bit. On the other side this vendor and product
> ID is black listed in the regular usb-storage driver.

Is it possible that your driver leaves the device in a strange state
where it won't initialize properly?

You can test this by blacklisting both mass-storage drivers. If the
device then initializes properly after unbind and rebind, you'll know
the answer.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2014-04-15 22:01    [W:0.048 / U:2.472 seconds]