SubjectKMS bug in my MacBook Pro?
Hi all,

I own a MacBook Pro, late 2011 edition. I've just installed and
configured Arch GNU/Linux on it.
However, it seems that there's a bug in the kernel where KMS hangs the
boot process. I've verified this by appending "nomodeset" to the
kernel parameters; when this parameter is ommited, the boot hangs, and
when it isn't, the boot completes.

I've built the kernel from upstream git (with no patches) to verify
the behavior. I couldn't make a netconsole work but I do have some
photos of the end of the output here[1]. I'm going to keep trying to
make the netconsole work, but I don't hold out much hope. The best I
can offer so far is the attached output of lspci and dmesg. The dmesg
is from a boot *with* nomodeset, using the stock Arch kernel (not the
one built from git).

Is there anything that I can do to fix this behavior? Any other
information I can give? Should I file a bug in Bugzilla?

Please CC me on replies; I'm not subscribed.

Thanks so much,

Alex Jordan

[1]: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/123222/kernel-modesetting-hangs-my-boot-but-the-ati-driver-requires-it
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

  Last update: 2014-04-15 08:41    [W:0.031 / U:8.304 seconds]