SubjectRe: [RFC] QR encoding for Oops messages
From
Hi,

> Hi,
>
> On 04/08/2014 07:20 PM, Jason Cooper wrote:

>>> Yup, I'll be traveling on the train a lot this week, so I'll
>>> have plenty of time to implement scaling and centering. Maybe
>>> we could also implement this:
>>>
>>> qr_oops=center (center the QR code with scale 1)
>>> qr_oops=center,3 (center the QR code with scale 3)
>>>
>>> 'center' could also be 'topleft', 'bottomright', etc.
>>> Or just remain at the KISS rule? (keep it simple)
>>>
>>> Any objections?
>>
>> KISS. ;-)
>>
>> Iff we find we need the feature later, we can always add qr_oops_pos or
>> similar.
>>

> Alright, I'll start the work on that tomorrow.
>
> Maybe I'll also find some time to clean up the library,
> since I guess that should be our primary priority.

Just a quick reminder that scaling was just merged in [0].
I'd highly appreciate feedback. Thanks!

Now that rendering is a bit cleaner I'll start cleaning up
the library. This is what I intend to do next week:

* Extract bitstream.c into a new kernel library. No point
in restricting this to QR only.

* Rework bitstream to propagate errors, to use a caller
allocation scheme and remove the ugly OOPness.

* Fix up the QR library so that it propagates errors
from the new bitstream code.

Any objections?

[0]: https://github.com/teobaluta/qr-linux-kernel/commit/70401a9918e0810e7b0784fa6e1bdc766df20352

--
Regards,
Levente Kurusa

  Last update: 2014-04-13 23:01    [W:0.092 / U:0.068 seconds]