SubjectRe: Correct way to remove a cache device?
I couldn't figure out a predictable way to detach it properly. Even
when doing it as early as possible in the boot sequence, it'd succeed
anywhere from the first time I tried to seven reboots later.

I actually ended up doing something very nasty, but very efficient: I
simply dd zeroes to the beginning of the cache device, then reboot,
and the kernel would no longer recognize the cache device, and I could
continue normally.

Not pretty by any standard (actually makes me feel like showering),
but it works ;)

  Last update: 2014-04-01 11:05    [W:0.058 / U:0.832 seconds]