SubjectRe: [RFC] dt: bindings: add bindings for Broadcom bcm43xx sdio devices
On 02/13/14 10:28, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Tomasz Figa<tomasz.figa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Arend,
>>

>> On 10.02.2014 20:17, Arend van Spriel wrote:

[...]

>>> +
>>> +Example:
>>> +
>>> +mmc3: mmc@01c20000 {
>>> + pinctrl-0 =<&mmc3_pins>;
>>> + pinctrl-1 =<&wifi_host_wake>;
>>

>> WLAN_HOST_WAKE pin (aka the OOB interrupt) is specific to the WLAN chip, so
>> this should be rather configured in a pinctrl state of the WLAN chip itself.

Hi Chen-Yu,

picking up this thread.

> AFAIK, the pinctrl in tied to the device node, and is selected when the device
> is registered. The MMC subsystem currently does not register child nodes, so
> this would be useless.

So if MMC does not register child nodes, brcmfmac will not be probed
with of_node set? Have there been patches submitted for this in mmc
subsystem recently.

> brcmfmac actually has to walk the whole DT to find the node with the right
> compatible.

Is it just me or should this be avoided? What if there are multiple entries?

Regards,
Arend

  Last update: 2014-03-30 11:21    [W:0.097 / U:0.928 seconds]