SubjectRE: Unable to receive multicast packet on VF
Date

Hi Madoka,

You can see where we are changing the multicast address list in the VF driver in ixgbevf_set_rx_mode(). This not only called via ndo_set_rx_mode but in our up and open calls. So while it is true this needs to be initialized before transmit and receive are enabled, the value can be changed without requiring the module to be reloaded.

Hope that helps,
-Don

  Last update: 2014-03-28 22:21    [W:0.152 / U:0.100 seconds]