SubjectRe: [RFC V1 1/3] hwmon: da9063: HWMON driver
[...]

> >Please make sure that each patch, if applied one after another, compiles.
> >Patch 1/3 must not depend on patch 2/3.
>
> Hi Guenter,
>
> Thank you for this fast response.
>
> Ah, the dependencies were not in order. I will check for that in future.
>
> I will also look into using the API with devm_hwmon_device_register_with_groups
> and will resubmit with a RFC V2 later.

If there are inter-{patch,subsystem} dependencies within a patch-set
you need to let us know so we can ensure the patches are kept
together. If not they are likely to be sucked into their respective
subsystem trees and will break bisectability when they hit Mainline.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead