    SubjectRe: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4
    From
    On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Of course! I applied your patch to 3.17 stock kernel and after
    > stressing it (compiling with -j8 and watching videos on Youtube) to
    > trigger the bug I got the following:

    So it appears that you can recreate this much more quickly than DaveJ
    can recreate his issue.

    The two issues may be entirely unrelated, but the it is certainly
    quite possible that they have some relation to each other, and the
    timing is intriguing, in that 3.17 seems to be the first kernel
    release this happened in.

    So at this point I think I'd ask you to just go back to your bisection
    that you apparently already started earlier. I take it 3.16 worked
    fine, and that's what you used as the good base for your bisect?

    Even if it's something else than what DaveJ sees (or perhaps
    *particularly* if it's something else), bisecting when it started
    would be very worthwhile.

    There's 13k+ commits in between 3.16 and 3.17, so a full bisect should
    be around 15 test-points. But judging by the timing of your emails,
    you can generally reproduce this relatively quickly..

    Linus

      Last update: 2014-12-02 23:21    [W:4.083 / U:0.096 seconds]