SubjectRE: [v3 25/26] KVM: Suppress posted-interrupt when 'SN' is set
Date
Wu, Feng wrote on 2014-12-19:

> iommu-bounces@lists.linux-foundation.org wrote on mailto:iommu-bounces@lists.linux-foundation.org] On Behalf Of:
>> Cc: iommu@lists.linux-foundation.org; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org;
>> kvm@vger.kernel.org
>> Subject: RE: [v3 25/26] KVM: Suppress posted-interrupt when 'SN' is
>> set
>>
>> Paolo Bonzini wrote on 2014-12-18:

>> mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Paolo:

>> If the vCPU is preempted, shouldn't the subsequent be ignored? What
>> happens if a PI is occurs when vCPU is preempted?
>
> If a vCPU is preempted, the 'SN' bit is set, the subsequent interrupts
> are suppressed for posting.

I mean what happens if we don't set SN bit. From my point, if preempter already disabled the interrupt, it is ok to leave SN bit as zero. But if preempter enabled the interrupt, doesn't this mean he allow interrupt to happen? BTW, since there already has ON bit, so this means there only have one interrupt arrived at most and it doesn't hurt performance. Do we really need to set SN bit?