SubjectRe: linuxppc-dev list <>
On Mon, 2014-11-24 at 16:08 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Hi Linus !
>
> This series fix a nasty issue with radeon adapters on powerpc servers,
> it's all CC'ed stable and has the relevant maintainers ack's/reviews.

Hrm... git request-pull can't find the commit on the server (it's been
quite a while now, maybe some mirroring issue), so didn't put the
branch name in properly.

The branch name is "merge", ie:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git merge

Cheers
Ben.

> Basically, some (radeon) adapters have issues with MSI addresses above
> 1T (only support 40-bits). We had powerpc specific quirk but it only
> listed a specific revision of an adapter that we shipped with our
> machines and didn't properly handle the audio function which some distros
> enable nowadays.
>
> So we made the quirk generic and fixed both the graphic and audio drivers
> properly to use it.
>
> Without that, ppc64 server machines will crash at boot with a radeon adapter.
>
> Note: This has been brewing for a while, it just needed a last respin which
> got delayed due to us moving ozlabs to a new location in town and other such
> things taking priority.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben.

  Last update: 2014-11-24 07:01    [W:0.027 / U:0.356 seconds]