SubjectRe: PERF_EVENT_IOC_SET_FILTER has different values based on bitness

* David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/8/14, 9:22 AM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> >I wonder how that works best, being on the receiving side of such requests
> >from time to time.
> >
> >I guess that to scale, that would be better done by:
> >
> >1. Reporter tests if the patch applies (and works) on the desired
> >targets.
> >
> >2. Reporter sends the request, with the above test results, to
> >stable@kernel.org, following whatever conventions are to get the
> >attention of the stable release maintainers.
>
> My understanding is that subsystem maintainers do the stable
> requests.

At least for perf bits, the usual workflow is that pretty much
anyone can make requests for backports that we maintainers
missed, and subsystem maintainers look over them and object if
they don't like the suggestion. (Obviously you need to Cc:
maintainers.)

In other words, feel free to forward (tested!) backport commit
IDs to -stable, with maintainers Cc:-ed, and feel free to provide
conflict resolution as well, in cases where they don't apply
cleanly.

> A patch adjustment is needed for v3.4 and v3.10. I am willing
> to do the necessary patch mods for 3.4, 3.10, and 3.14.

That would be useful.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2014-10-09 09:21    [W:0.052 / U:0.388 seconds]