    SubjectRe: Machine crashes right *after* ~successful resume
    Hello Yinghai,

    Thanks again for your time!

    I've applied your two patches, and as a wild guess also added pci=dump
    to my kernel cmdline though I guess that just gave me a boot-time dump -
    which mostly didn't make it into my dmesg.

    I accidentally booted with no_console_suspend on the first run, which
    still caused no output at all on the failed resume. I'm including the
    output of that anyway, but also I have a run with that flag removed, and
    annoyingly the crash appears to happen before the dump during the crash
    finishes - while dumping info for this device, it seems:

    04:00.0 PCI bridge: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. Device 8892 (rev
    10) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])

    (More info in my lspci.txt)

    Wondering what device that is exactly, I stumbled upon
    http://sourceforge.net/p/linux1394/mailman/message/29755048/ where
    someone describes it as a "cheap and crappy PCI bridge". More and more I
    wonder if I should just buy a new motherboard - sadly this one wasn't
    even that cheap. :-( Though I don't know if the output stopping while
    dumping output for this device means that it is the culprit, is printk()
    to the serial console in any way blocking/buffered?

    Anyway, dumps are in:

    http://gaast.net/~wilmer/.lkml/bad3.17-pcidumps-no_console_suspend.txt
    http://gaast.net/~wilmer/.lkml/bad3.17-pcidumps.txt

    Cheers,

    Wilmer van der Gaast.

    --
    | wilmer : :' : gaast.net | | OSS Programmer www.bitlbee.org |

      Last update: 2014-10-27 12:21    [W:3.250 / U:2.092 seconds]