SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] mm, memcg: avoid oom notification when current needs access to memory reserves
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:34:24 -0800 (PST) David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> > I just spent a happy half hour reliving this thread and ended up
> > deciding I agreed with everyone! I appears that many more emails are
> > needed so I think I'll drop
> > http://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmots/broken-out/mm-memcg-avoid-oom-notification-when-current-needs-access-to-memory-reserves.patch
> > for now.
> >
> > The claim that
> > mm-memcg-avoid-oom-notification-when-current-needs-access-to-memory-reserves.patch
> > will impact existing userspace seems a bit dubious to me.
> >

> I'm not sure why this was dropped since it's vitally needed for any sane
> userspace oom handler to be effective.

It was dropped because the other memcg developers disagreed with it.

I'd really prefer not to have to spend a great amount of time parsing
argumentative and repetitive emails to make a tie-break decision which
may well be wrong anyway.

Please work with the other guys to find an acceptable implementation.
There must be *something* we can do?

  Last update: 2014-01-10 00:21    [W:0.152 / U:0.032 seconds]