    SubjectRe: [patch 0/7] improve memcg oom killer robustness v2

    >> >Johannes,
    >> >
    >> >unfortunately, one problem arises: I have (again) cgroup which cannot be deleted :( it's a user who had very high memory usage and was reaching his limit very often. Do you need any info which i can gather now?
    >
    >Did the OOM killer go off in this group?

    # cat /cgroups/cannot_rm_01/memory.oom_control
    oom_kill_disable 0
    under_oom 1
    #

    >Was there a warning in the syslog ("Fixing unhandled memcg OOM
    >context")?

    Really don't know cos i don't know the exact day when it happens. I just find that out on 30.8. but it could happen anytime before. Uptime on that server is 27 days so maybe i can grep all syslog logs i have if it helps. I just need to find out the original name of that cgroup cos i renamed it to 'cannot_rm_01' so my software will ignore it.

    >If it happens again, could you check if there are tasks left in the
    >cgroup? And provide /proc/<pid>/stack of the hung task trying to
    >delete the cgroup?

    # cat /cgroups/cannot_rm_01/tasks
    #

    >> Now i can definitely confirm that problem is NOT fixed :( it happened again but i don't have any data because i already disabled all debug output.
    >
    >Which debug output?

    Debug output from my own scripts which are suppose to handle this situation and kill frozen processes. I already reactivated it, it is grabbing content of 'stacks' from all processes before killing them.

    >Do you still have access to the syslog?

    From that day (30.8.)? Yes.

    >It's possible that, as your system does not deadlock on the OOMing
    >cgroup anymore, you hit a separate bug...
    >
    >Thanks!

      Last update: 2013-09-04 10:01    [W:4.153 / U:0.140 seconds]