SubjectRe: [BUG] Regression in 2fdac010 drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-velocity.c: update napi implementation
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 01:54:06PM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Sep 2013, Ruslan N. Marchenko wrote:
>
> > Hi Julia et al.,
> >
> > With this commit VIA NANO board get CPU lockup in random places on any network activity.
> > The error is random, most of the times dead locked CPU on boot.
> >
> > After loading via-velocity module it hangs for a while and then spits kernel mesages
> > about hanged tasks from varios places - like ata, rcu_preempt or network stack.
> > Also, if you boot the box with network disconnected - it works, until you plug the network cable.
> >
> > On some kernel builds (like ubuntu stock) behaviour varies, sometimes the box itself works,
> > but network stack dies after multiple ICMPv6 skb errors, so box ends up with network disconnected.
> > Reloading network susbsys helps to recover for some time (depending on how fast eth led is blinking).
> >
> > Reverting the patch allows me to boot without problems even from latest Linus trunk and send this mail.
>
> You can find the discussion and improved patch in this thread:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg251287.html
> Bug - regression - Via velocity interface coming up freezes kernel
> From: Dirk Kraft <dirk.kraft@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 19:28:52 +0200
>
> julia

Oops, sorry, somehow I missed it even though 've been searching for via-velocity regression.
Will give a try to new proposed patch as well.

Thanks,
Ruslan

  Last update: 2013-10-01 01:41    [W:0.365 / U:0.108 seconds]