SubjectRe: PCI host merge strategy and maintainers
Hi Bjorn,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:28:28PM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> There are patches for exynos, imx6, mvebu, and tegra on the PCI list,
> and I want to sort out how people expect them to be merged.
>
> My current assumption is the following:
>
> drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c via PCI tree since I applied
> recent changes
> drivers/pci/host/pci-exynos.c via PCI tree since I applied recent changes
> drivers/pci/host/pci-imx6.c via Shawn Guo per [1]

A second thought on that. I would split the patch for better separation
between driver and arch parts, so that they can go through PCI and
arm-soc tree separately without worrying about merge conflict later.

I will send you patches that we expect to go via your tree in a few
minutes.

Shawn

> drivers/pci/host/pci-mvebu.c ?? unclear; Jason Cooper has merged
> some, I've merged some
> drivers/pci/host/pci-tegra.c via PCI tree per Stephen Warren [2]
>
> Please correct anything that's wrong above, and please give me some
> guidance on mvebu. I'm happy to go either way; I just need to know
> whether to pay attention to them :)
>
> In addition, since I don't have time, expertise, or hardware to really
> review changes to these drivers, I'd like to have them acked by people
> who do. My current assumption is that these are the right people:
>
> designware: Jingoo Han <jg1.han@samsung.com>
> exynos: Jingoo Han <jg1.han@samsung.com>
> imx6: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
> mvebu: Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net>, Andrew Lunn
> <andrew@lunn.ch>, Gregory Clement <gregory.clement@free-electrons.com>
> tegra: Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@gmail.com>
>
> Again, please correct anything that's wrong. My plan is that I won't
> apply patches to these drivers unless they're acked by the folks
> above.
>
> Bjorn
>

> [1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20130916091059.GM31147@S2101-09.ap.freescale.net
> [2] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/521CCF9B.9000004@wwwdotorg.org

  Last update: 2013-09-26 05:01    [W:0.087 / U:0.228 seconds]