SubjectRe: [patch] mm, mempolicy: make mpol_to_str robust and always succeed
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Dave Jones wrote:

> > /* fall through */
> >
> > for all of them would be pretty annoying.
>
> agreed, but with that example, it seems pretty obvious (to me at least)
> that the lack of break's is intentional. Where it gets trickier to
> make quick judgment calls is cases like the one I mentioned above,
> where there are only a few cases, and there's real code involved in
> some but not all cases.

I fully agree and have code in the oom killer that has the "fall through"
comment if there's code in between the case statements, but I think things
like

case MPOL_BIND:
case MPOL_INTERLEAVE:

is quite easy to read. I don't feel strongly at all, though, so I'll just
leave it to Andrew's preference.

  Last update: 2013-09-25 20:21    [W:0.083 / U:0.112 seconds]