SubjectRe: thinkpad x60: critical thermal shutdown does not work (and ethernet overheats)
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > I have rather old thinkpad x60 here. Long time ago, I noticed that on
> > high continuous ethernet load, it shuts itself down in regular
> > way. I traced it down to overheat, followed by ACPI signaling system
> > to go down.
>
> just to wrap the story up... after fixing pcie aspm problems,
> ethernet apparently stopped overheating.

And that means a new kernel with fixed ASPM handling, or disabling ASPM
entirely, or what?

Good to know it can be handled by a software fix, though!

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2013-09-23 14:21    [W:0.402 / U:0.060 seconds]