SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Block IO fixes for 3.12
On Sun, Sep 22 2013, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:
> >
> > Not necessarily bad quality control, but yeah, the commit messages
> > could've been prettier. Those two should have been git ammended, most of
> > them are directly applied byt git am fwiw.
>
> No, one of them was clearly *not* done with git am, because git am
> uses the subject like to create that summary message.

So make that a combo of git am and shitty mailer. I forget why it
happens, but it does happen often for me and I (usually remember) to fix
it up.

> And the other one you should have edited the mbox before feeding it to
> git am - or pushed back on the submitter to write email in a format
> where no such editing is necessary.
>
> "I used git am" is not an excuse for bad formatting of commits. It's
> just a tool, you need to make sure the tool is fed valid data.

Sure, not disagreeing. It is my fault :-)

--
Jens Axboe

  Last update: 2013-09-23 02:21    [W:0.035 / U:5.832 seconds]