SubjectRe: RESEND: Generating interrupts from a USB device driver?
On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 05:46:58PM -0500, Daniel Santos wrote:
> Hello guys. I didn't get a response the last time so hopefully with
> 3.11 out I'll get one this time.
>
> I need to be able to generate interrupts from a USB device driver while
> servicing the complete() function of an interrupt URB.

No you don't :)

> While I realize that this may seem strange, the purpose is for a USB
> to SPI/GPIO bridge chip (the MCP2210). When something happens on the
> remote device where a chip is expecting it's interrupt out pin to
> trigger an interrupt on some local (to the board) microcontroller, the
> MCP2210 instead receives that signal and communicates it to the host
> the next time it's queried. This is the interrupt that I need to, in
> effect propagate locally. Since my spi_master and gpio_chip are all
> functioning now, this is the last step to get one of my spi protocol
> drivers working correctly.

Just pass the data up the spi stack in your interrupt endpoint handler.
No need to try to create a "real" interrupt. There are other USB SPI
drivers that should give you the idea of how to do it.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2013-09-03 01:21    [W:0.154 / U:0.024 seconds]