SubjectRe: [Query] CPUFreq: Does these machines have separate clock domains for CPUs?
From
On 30 August 2013 12:18, Magnus Damm <magnus.damm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Viresh,
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been doing some CPUFreq cleanup work and
>> wanted to know if the below mentioned machines have separate
>> clock domains for their CPUs or all share the same domain?
>>
>> So, that we can use some generic routines for these drivers which
>> would eventually do:
>>
>> cpumask_setall(policy->cpus);
>>
>> And I wanted to make sure that this doesn't break them.. :)

>> The drivers are:
>> drivers/cpufreq/sh-cpufreq.c
>
> The above SH cpufreq driver seems to be written with SMP in mind, but
> I would say SMP is a very rare case for SH. So I believe it can be
> considered as UP-only at this point. If Paul disagrees I'm quite sure
> he will tell us.

Okay.. The problem isn't really SMP but different clock domains for CPUs
in a SMP system..

So, even if we have a SMP SH machine, will it have same clock line for
all CPUs?

I will go with the change anyway..

Thanks.

--
viresh

  Last update: 2013-08-30 10:01    [W:0.109 / U:2.252 seconds]