SubjectRe: Why Linux OS Desktop is not popular?
From

> It is very hard to discuss any solutions without those RFC patches,
> since no one knows whether the idea will work or exactly what the idea
> consists of. So it's unlikely you'll get much constructive response
> until you've tested the solution yourself and sent out patches for
> comments so others might test it. Just keep it as small as possible
> while still proving the idea.
>
> I look forward to your patches, so I can better understand what you
> want to accomplish.

My patches are there in the linux kernel. I am also the author of
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Implement-Sys-Call-Linux-2.6-i386/.

BUT I LEFT CONTRIBUTING TO LINUX KERNEL IN LATE 2007 - EARLY 2008
BECAUSE OF HIGH HANDEDNESS OF OTHER LINUX KERNEL DEVELOPERS. IT IS
JUST CODE (IF, THEN, ELSE, WHILE LOOP, FOR, ETC.), DEVELOPING LINUX
KERNEL CODE """""IS NOT A BIG DEAL"""""" AND THERE ARE MANY SMART
PEOPLE AROUND WHO ARE SMARTER THAN CURRENT KERNEL DEVELOPERS.

I DIDN'T CHECK REPLY TO MY MAIL FOR A LONG TIME BECAUSE I KNEW NO ONE
IS GOING TO LISTEN. BUT ANYWAYS, I DO NOT CARE. I WROTE WHAT I THOUGHT
IS RIGHT.

BUT ONE THING LINUX KERNEL DEVELOPERS HAVE TO FIX: THEY SHOULD STOP
THINKING THAT THEY ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE AROUND. """STEVE WOZNIAK"""
IS A VERY SMART PERSON AND HE WAS NOT A LINUX KERNEL DEVELOPER.

I HAVE CONTRIBUTED MORE TO LINUX BY WRITING THE "HOW TO" AS I USED TO
GET EMAILS FROM THE UNIVERSITIES AROUND THE WORLD ABOUT IT AND AT MANY
PLACES IT HAD BECOME AN ASSIGNMENT IN OS CLASS.

BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE HIGH HANDEDNESS OF LINUX KERNEL DEVELOPERS: WHAT
THEY DO IS THIS:

1. Implement some_code with interrupts enabled (any programmer who
knows multi-threading can do this).
2. Implement some_code with interrupts disabled (any application
programmer can do this).

"""""""""""""A HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL LINUX KERNEL DEVELOPERS, PLEASE
DROP YOUR HIGH HANDEDNESS BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD
WHO ARE MUCH SMARTER THAN YOU PEOPLE AND THEY ARE NOT LINUX KERNEL
DEVELOPERS.""""""""""

Amit

  Last update: 2013-07-29 19:01    [W:0.046 / U:0.888 seconds]