SubjectRe: targetcli -fb now also Apache 2.0 licensed
On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 23:27 -0700, Andy Grover wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that I finally received permission from
> all contributors, and have matched RisingTide's relicensing of targetcli
> and its dependencies to Apache 2.0, by relicensing the additional
> contributions in the targetcli-fb branch under the same license.
>
> I'm not quite sure the next steps are, except enjoying all our newly
> non-viral source code, but much thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Making this type of announcement without coordinating with us on a plan
for moving forward is pretty lame. Especially considering that we've
kept asking you privately about how to work together to reconcile -fb
with upstream, and your response essentially boiled down to "What's in
it for me..?".

So if you really, really need an incentive to "do the right thing", how
about I start not accept kernel patches from you until you're ready to
drop -fb and start working with upstream for real..?

--nab

  Last update: 2013-07-24 22:41    [W:0.113 / U:0.244 seconds]